Find a guide and an advocate for your career
Mentees can benefit personally and professionally through the knowledge and experience of another communicator.
While the knowledge, advice, or resources a mentor shares depends on the goals of your mentoring relationship, typically mentees find with their mentor they can:
- Ask tough questions about work in a safe environment
- Learn about alternative career paths
- Explore how to navigate workplace challenges
- Solicit feedback and find blind spots
- Set goals
- Develop new contacts
- Identify other career and personal resources
- And more…
Mentees are not the only learners. The mentor/mentee relationship also allows you an opportunity to bring your other knowledge and special skills to your mentor.
“My biggest reason for joining was to gain insight and knowledge, but networking and creating support systems are just as important.”
2021 program participant